Tuesday, December 2, 2014

How to Escalate Issues at Your Apartment Complex

Sometimes issues at an apartment complex can go unresolved for a long time.  You complain about something and management refuses to do anything to rectify the issue.

Typically, when I have an issue, I will complain to management and give them a week to work on the problem.  If the problem is in a common area, I'll talk to neighbors about it and see if they will complain as well.

If there is still no resolution, I go to the rental company website and escalate the issue to the next level of management.  This can be done iteratively.

My last and final level of escalation would be to leave a review on apartmentratings.com.  When it comes to problems at an apartment complex, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  You have to make complaints to get anything fixed.  If there is a problem at your complex get heard and get it fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment